HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #21
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 703 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: How would you feel about seeing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Goldman View Post
Sounds like you may have met Chris Baum ,he's from that area and has several original 426 cars that I've done restored pushbutton transmissions for.
He's the guy who won the last Pinks at Maple Grove in a Ramcharger car when the other guy rolled the beams when he staged .
Mike , your right ,he did R/U.
I dont pay much attention to Pinks , but somebody mentioned he was in the final ,so I watched.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #22
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

I do not think they were not the Baums. I don't remember their name, ugh. Nice older couple in their 70's. I am sure they don't race at all now. He is very proud of who built the engine and thats tops in my book. Told me to send my best to Mr. Shaul if I get to meet him at a meet. I'm so embarressed I did not jot their name down. I did not get to ask if he raced it when he was younger, and car was younger too, lol. This is in Garden City, Long Island so I know they did not drive far, local people. You never know what one has tucked away.
I really enjoy this site and all it has to offer in knowledge.

Last edited by chris ok; 04-26-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: forgetfullness, lol.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #23
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
The last "MAX WEDGE" was built sometime around the end of March1964. The 64 Hemi drag cars were "formally" anounced around March the 9th 1964 even though they ran a single 4 Hemi steel Hard Top car at Daytona in NASCAR in Febuary 1964. The 65 Ply and Dodge was never avaliable as a Max wedge in any body style. Only as a 426 STREET wedge or smaller combos. It was just an over grown 383 with one AFB. The class designations and wt breaks changed between 1965 and 1968. The 65 cars were the top of the mountian cars in 1965. Thus S/SA (not SS/A) like Jenkins (Black Arrow) drove or S/S with a stick....All were Hemis and 2 dr post cars. The 68 cars were also the top of the heap for 68. NHRA had a SS/A (not S/SA) class that was never contested. None of the manufactures ever made a car to fit the SS/A class in 1968 thus the Hemi 'Cudas and Darts ran SS/B and SS/BA for that year then went into SS/A for 1969 when the original 1968 SS/A class was dropped due to no participation.

Absolutly !

No Max Wedge were put in '65 cars, 426 street wedges rated at 365hp with a single 4bbl.

JimR
Old 04-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #24
TOM KASCH
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 100 Posts

http://public.fotki.com/tk3300/redoing_our_1968_ss/

http://public.fotki.com/fwd3300/rebuilding-our-68-c/

Here is a link to our restored 68 Camaro. Ran ss/ha from 72 to 75 Winternationals.

I cann't say we are having as much fun going to car shows, but when your done racing it's better than setting home watching T.V.

Last edited by TOM KASCH; 04-26-2011 at 06:48 PM.
TOM KASCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs up Re: How would you feel about seeing this?

[QUOTE=TOM KASCH;

I cann't say we are having as much fun going to car shows, but when your done racing it's better than setting home watching T.V.[/QUOTE]

X's 2......Your Camaro looks really nice. Enjoy....quitting racing isnt the end of life as we know it.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Smile Re: How would you feel about seeing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
Absolutly !

No Max Wedge were put in '65 cars, 426 street wedges rated at 365hp with a single 4bbl.

JimR
How is your Max Wedge coming Jim? With the high cost of diesel and gas for towing maybe building a nice pump gas street combo would be the way to go. I do remember them being hard on gas though when new and only running 3.91 gears for the couple of guys who drove them on the street back in the day. But boy were they ever fast and could whip a 409 pretty easy.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #27
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Talking Re: How would you feel about seeing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schultz View Post
My favorite is the guy who tells you he has a 900hp small block under the hood and runs 15 second E.T.s
If that car truly did run 15's, I'd like to race it heads up, then tell him afterwards that my car is factored at 125hp, and truly has just a tad more than that....that would be funny (especially if I won?)!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #28
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
How is your Max Wedge coming Jim? With the high cost of diesel and gas for towing maybe building a nice pump gas street combo would be the way to go. I do remember them being hard on gas though when new and only running 3.91 gears for the couple of guys who drove them on the street back in the day. But boy were they ever fast and could whip a 409 pretty easy.

Dvorak has the short block and I have all the parts except a driveshaft ready to go but a severe thunderstorm came through about 4 weeks ago and blew the roof and back wall off my garage and ruining a number of parts.

I do have a low compression 440 shortblock set aside for the day I can't go on with this madness any more.

I had the car on the street at one time, it got 4 to 6 mpg, idled at 30 mph and overheated a lot.

JimR
Old 04-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #29
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Smile Re: How would you feel about seeing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by treessavoy View Post
Dvorak has the short block and I have all the parts except a driveshaft ready to go but a severe thunderstorm came through about 4 weeks ago and blew the roof and back wall off my garage and ruining a number of parts.

I do have a low compression 440 shortblock set aside for the day I can't go on with this madness any more.

I had the car on the street at one time, it got 4 to 6 mpg, idled at 30 mph and overheated a lot.

JimR
Sorry to hear about the storm doing damage. Ouch on the gas milage....that remids me of my old 435 HP Vette at 4 1/2 MPG with a 4.88 gear. When you see Dan again please tell him I said hi.