HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #361
thomas sheehan
Photographer

Liked 77 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

I see Larry Smith is racing at Bradenton this weekend with his new DragPak (which he bought from one of my dealers in WV). Larry is the brother of Eddie Smith (wv hemi fame).

I was told that it is #24 .... but I see that number belongs to the Wertmans. (so... I'll have to find out later what number it really is).
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #362
Frank B.

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts

Tom the car that Larry Smith is driving is listed as a 2010. The #24 that you are looking at is a 2009. That may explain the confusion.
Frank B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #363
Dan Wilson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would that would make it #124?
Dan
Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #364
Larry Curtis

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Wilson View Post
Would that would make it #124?
Dan
Dan,
The cars are numbered with the year in the serial number.
Wertman's car is 2009024
The 2010 version would be 2010024
Larry
Larry Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:12 PM   #365
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Larry has it absolutely right.

Year first and then seq number.

My car is 2009024..

David
The New Hemi Guy
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #366
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool Re: Challenger Drag Pak Owners

Just a quick thank you to all of those who supported us in our quest to get to the places where Drooze, Chris Wertman said we could go.

It seems like the Drag Pak program is dying down pretty quicky now, and although many of us have tried to keep things going, it is difficult when the Chrysler Corporation doesn't see the value in having cars running in a wide range of classes.

And I havent even seen a plan for 2012... So all you guys who hate Chrysler's more than Fords, will have fewer of us in Mopar hats to hate.

It is hard to keep spending more and more money when the NHRA keeps doing stupid things and raises prices in this economy, and Chrysler Corp wont do things that cost no money, and just push the program forward...

Don't know now, when, or even if you will see us out next year.

But we did take the NHRA National Class Performer award in Stock Automatic, and set a record in A/SA that will still give someone else a chance to get horsepower if they are legal, and want it badly enough.

For those of you still racing this year, God Bless and Safe Racing.

We will see when and where you least expect it.

David
The New Hemi Guy
Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #367
ETDragRacer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello David,

There are a lot of DP's either in build process or stuck back that have not even hit the track yet! I am aware of a few proposed 2012 rulebook changes (roller rockers, 10.5's, expanded stk indexes).
Anything else you are secifically referring too like parts availability, etc? Ford does have much better factory support and info from what I've seen...and plans for the future.
Good Luck to you!
MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
Just a quick thank you to all of those who supported us in our quest to get to the places where Drooze, Chris Wertman said we could go.

It seems like the Drag Pak program is dying down pretty quicky now, and although many of us have tried to keep things going, it is difficult when the Chrysler Corporation doesn't see the value in having cars running in a wide range of classes.

And I havent even seen a plan for 2012... So all you guys who hate Chrysler's more than Fords, will have fewer of us in Mopar hats to hate.

It is hard to keep spending more and more money when the NHRA keeps doing stupid things and raises prices in this economy, and Chrysler Corp wont do things that cost no money, and just push the program forward...

Don't know now, when, or even if you will see us out next year.

But we did take the NHRA National Class Performer award in Stock Automatic, and set a record in A/SA that will still give someone else a chance to get horsepower if they are legal, and want it badly enough.

For those of you still racing this year, God Bless and Safe Racing.

We will see when and where you least expect it.

David
The New Hemi Guy
ETDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #368
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It isn't about spare parts. And the rules changes don't really mean that Challengers will benefit much. Tough enough to get 9" tires in there. And to be honest roller rockers won't do much good in Challengers. I predict that many unfinished Challengers will go unfinished until the economy turns around (Obama is defeated) and then sold unfinished because they cant be competitive with Fords now anyway. Look at the V10, that was Mopars Silver bullet, but they still cant touch a supercharged Mustang.

It is about being smart enough to use a couple of smaller throttle bodies, drop cam lift a tad, change a few inconsequential things, and get into some lower classes like Ford does.

For Chrysler, it seems like all they want to do is challenge Ford on the high end, and unless the NHRA has a change of conscience and puts fairness ahead of "who pays me the most?", and allows a supercharger on Dodge Challengers like on Mustangs, and what looks like will be on COPO Camaro, Chrysler is whistling in the wind, and FIAT will win with their "spend nothing on racing" philosophy.

Next year, Most Hemi DP Challengers will be running in just a few (mostly the new classes), but Fords will still be running up and down the classes. It would seem that what is fair for one, should be fair for all.

It really is 1970 all over again as NHRA is not permitting a fair playing field for Mopars against the Fords, and now the Camaros.

Bear in mind that I am not saying that old cars don't count. They do and I have all of the respect you can have for them.

But NHRA has made it about the new cars. And then they have given FORD an open license to run where ever they want. How many classes do the crate motor Fords run in now.

I am just saying that Mopar should get started all over again and actually promote and administer the Drag Pak program. With some common sense changes and additions, they can actually compete with the Fords.

But it all falls on dead (read that as we are too busy and don't have any power to make changes) ears.

Guess we will just put a stick in the Mega Maniac, and go to F/S at 305 horsepower.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 11-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #369
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
It isn't about spare parts. And the rules changes don't really mean that Challengers will benefit much. Tough enough to get 9" tires in there. And to be honest roller rockers won't do much good in Challengers. I predict that many unfinished Challengers will go unfinished until the economy turns around (Obama is defeated) and then sold unfinished because they cant be competitive with Fords now anyway. Look at the V10, that was Mopars Silver bullet, but they still cant touch a supercharged Mustang.

It is about being smart enough to use a couple of smaller throttle bodies, drop cam lift a tad, change a few inconsequential things, and get into some lower classes like Ford does.

For Chrysler, it seems like all they want to do is challenge Ford on the high end, and unless the NHRA has a change of conscience and puts fairness ahead of "who pays me the most?", and allows a supercharger on Dodge Challengers like on Mustangs, and what looks like will be on COPO Camaro, Chrysler is whistling in the wind, and FIAT will win with their "spend nothing on racing" philosophy.

Next year, Most Hemi DP Challengers will be running in just a few (mostly the new classes), but Fords will still be running up and down the classes. It would seem that what is fair for one, should be fair for all.

It really is 1970 all over again as NHRA is not permitting a fair playing field for Mopars against the Fords, and now the Camaros.

Bear in mind that I am not saying that old cars don't count. They do and I have all of the respect you can have for them.

But NHRA has made it about the new cars. And then they have given FORD an open license to run where ever they want. How many classes do the crate motor Fords run in now.

I am just saying that Mopar should get started all over again and actually promote and administer the Drag Pak program. With some common sense changes and additions, they can actually compete with the Fords.

But it all falls on dead (read that as we are too busy and don't have any power to make changes) ears.

Guess we will just put a stick in the Mega Maniac, and go to F/S at 305 horsepower.

David
The New Hemi Guy

wow, you mean the new cars have an unfair advantage??????????HOLY HELL STOP THE PRESSES.

I find this post to be the definition of IRONY!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #370
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

Somebody needs to move this stuff over to Facebook