HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Friday All-Run CIC Race

Sounds like a guy with a second under car may as well save his stuff.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts

I do not understand why it is not like last year, Class Winners ONLY! Last year needed a ladder, we got the #6 qualifier (Mr. Candies) first round then #1 (Mr. Jacobs) second round and we were qualified #9. The spirit of the CIC race is to get the best of the best up against eachother and run them off like Competition Eliminator. I cannot understand how this can become such a difficult task. If need be I will volunteer to create the ladder for the event. We should race the class runs on Thursday with 1 qualifying run, then CIC on Friday; therefore allowing time for teardown if need be, and all other compertitors in STK/SS can get additional Test runs during the CIC race (in parallel).
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #33
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/GSI View Post
I do not understand why it is not like last year, Class Winners ONLY! Last year needed a ladder, we got the #6 qualifier (Mr. Candies) first round then #1 (Mr. Jacobs) second round and we were qualified #9. The spirit of the CIC race is to get the best of the best up against eachother and run them off like Competition Eliminator. I cannot understand how this can become such a difficult task. If need be I will volunteer to create the ladder for the event. We should race the class runs on Thursday with 1 qualifying run, then CIC on Friday; therefore allowing time for teardown if need be, and all other compertitors in STK/SS can get additional Test runs during the CIC race (in parallel).
I would say wait until they do it and see if the car counts pick up. I'm sure that is why they are doing it. (if it isn't a time thing I remember one year they cancelled it because they ran out of time) No matter how they do it I'll be thankful. They are paying money with zero costs to the racer. How ever they do it I'll run it (as long as I'm not wounded).

Last edited by art leong; 02-10-2013 at 08:32 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

who cares how they do it. go race go have fun that is why pat is putting it on everybody can't win class but everybody has a chance at this race!!!!!
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #35
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy pizzolato View Post
who cares how they do it. go race go have fun that is why pat is putting it on everybody can't win class but everybody has a chance at this race!!!!!
That sounds good enough for me.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #36
sq34

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in , this will be my first SS race and the first time I've raced at this track. Lookin for T/D to be a blast.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #37
Pat Joffrion

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Cool Re: Friday All-Run CIC Race

Guys, First, there is no AHFS for the CIC race, since it is considered "an exhibition". Since the CompuLink system is "hard wired" for categories, the CIC race has to be manually calculated by me after each round. A ladder takes a lot to manage, but I can do it when we get down to 16 cars remaining.

With the "card pull" from four lanes wide, it is very difficult to "stack" the lanes or the deck. You may run the left or the right lane; you may run the guy in front of you, behind you, on the side of you, or two lanes over.

NHRA's Mike Rice will be in charge of the race procedures. It is his wish to have the CIC race open to all Stk/SS contestants. It is my wish to have our fans see "first to the finish line" racing. Going with Mike's plan, they will get to see that on Friday with the CIC race, and again on Saturday with class eliminations.

True, the card system might get you a duck; or turn you into a duck, depending on who you are paired to run. If duck-luck is with you, your opponent might sleep, turn on the red, break a tranny, cross the center line, or any one of the other million and five ways to give up sure win. If your duck luck ain't worth a pluck, you can buck up, and admit that you suck. But hey, it didn't cost you a buck to try your luck. But really, who gives a flying (gotcha).
Pat Joffrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #38
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Joffrion View Post
Guys, First, there is no AHFS for the CIC race, since it is considered "an exhibition". Since the CompuLink system is "hard wired" for categories, the CIC race has to be manually calculated by me after each round. A ladder takes a lot to manage, but I can do it when we get down to 16 cars remaining.

With the "card pull" from four lanes wide, it is very difficult to "stack" the lanes or the deck. You may run the left or the right lane; you may run the guy in front of you, behind you, on the side of you, or two lanes over.

NHRA's Mike Rice will be in charge of the race procedures. It is his wish to have the CIC race open to all Stk/SS contestants. It is my wish to have our fans see "first to the finish line" racing. Going with Mike's plan, they will get to see that on Friday with the CIC race, and again on Saturday with class eliminations.

True, the card system might get you a duck; or turn you into a duck, depending on who you are paired to run. If duck-luck is with you, your opponent might sleep, turn on the red, break a tranny, cross the center line, or any one of the other million and five ways to give up sure win. If your duck luck ain't worth a pluck, you can buck up, and admit that you suck. But hey, it didn't cost you a buck to try your luck. But really, who gives a flying (gotcha).
Pat. Years ago when they ran both stock and superstock elims at local tracks. They would just random pair the first round. We would try to get in the middle of a flock of turkeys I'm surprised I didn't get run over the way I used to block certain cars.
Every once in a while a "turkey" would grow big claws and tear our backsides up.
Thanks for running the race.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #39
Dirk Olson

Liked 128 Times in 34 Posts

Jeff,

Bob was pitted next to me last fall at Earlville. As we were getting ready to leave Bob stated he was retiring and the car was going up for sale.

Dirk

5036 B/S