HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #2341
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

1968 AHRA World Finals (Runner-Up)

* October 1968 (Kansas City International Raceway Park)

Preston Honea / Ray Rixman Dodge (St. Louis, Missouri)

Last edited by Paul Ceasrine; 05-10-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #2342
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #2343
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts

Dan i have had the same problem with selling my dads a990 car over the years they want its prior history , well there is none!!!!!! i can tell who the original purchaser was and he has no original pictures of the car when new, but my dad made the car famous setting records and winning races.
in the situation with this thread the only real way to verify the rest of the hemi darts is to ask about the new pictures of unknown cars,and have the owners comment about there where abouts . the real story is will we ever verify daryl's dart? that is what this thread was started for.

i would like to see over the next few years the rest of the missing pieces fit in the puzzle to close out the dart controversy, look it has been well over 4 years this has been going on, and the amount of information disclosed is amazing at worst!!!!!! i really hope someone is savy enough to take all of what is here and right a book about these cars, it would certainly be a complete history .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemid68 View Post
That is my car!!! I have had the car since 1975, and a pet peeve I have is, people want to know whose car it was, and I do understand they want the history, BUT there are a lot of us, that have had these cars much longer than the people that originally had them, and taken much better care of that history, than they did, because at that time, it was just a race car, and they'd get another one next year. So I tell them it is mine. When I got it in '75, it was nothing, but a cut up Super Stock/Pro Stocker. With the help of my friends, and relatives, we have rebuilt it twice, where Preston Honea/Ray Rixman Dodge, and the people that had it after him, did nothing but thrash, and trash it, as a race car.
I don't really have any pictures of it, because when I contacted Preston Honea, I was told several different stories, about pictures he had of it, but the end result was I never got any! I would be interested in seeing the picture, and if you want any info on it, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Dan Morgan
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #2344
bigsixman

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I also hope that Daryl's question with his dart gets answered. This thread brought me to the site and it is also special because I know Daryl and I also know the car. I have learned more about these cars from this thread than all the other sources available to me. I really hope that a book can be put together to gather and show all the information about these cars. I would also like to see one written with as much info on the cudas. I am a big block chevy guy, and I was at the track when these cars were new, and they have left a lasting impression on me.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #2345
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Hey Craig
there has been a book published by Jim Schild a few years back specially bout the BO & LO cars. It is the most complete book I've seen to date on the background,history & build on these cars. A GREAT READ loaded with pictures I've never seen before. It's definately a must have for anyone who is into these things. I google searched for a link to it, but can't find it. Jim, can you help me out here???
Mark Janaky has been collecting information on these cars also,& has a collection of the most pictures I've ever seen. He's also been working on a book. Mark, care for an update?? Haven't seen you frequent this thread for awhile. Care for a visit??

I'm in the middle of a thrash trying to get my car back together for Mopars in the Park in Farmington, Mn. June1-2. It's Sox & Martin's 50th Anniversery with 20 of their original cars being on display. Never before has this happened.

http://www.midwestmopars.com/

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #2346
Steve Stasko

Liked 236 Times in 124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
#73-- ???

Gary Herman.
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #2347
hemid68

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ceasrine View Post
1968 AHRA World Finals (Runner-Up)

* October 1968 (Kansas City International Raceway Park)

Preston Honea / Ray Rixman Dodge (St. Louis, Missouri)

Paul,
Thanks for putting this picture on here. This is the first time I've ever seen a decent color picture of my car, as it used to be.
Jimi you're right, it was your Dad's car, and he made it famous.
Thanks again Paul, and thanks to davezinn for bringing this car up.
Dan
hemid68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #2348
davezinn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is the picture i found the other day,

i don't know who took it originally or who the credit needs to go to, it's not my picture, i just ran across it on Facebook.
davezinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #2349
hemid68

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezinn View Post
this is the picture i found the other day,

i don't know who took it originally or who the credit needs to go to, it's not my picture, i just ran across it on Facebook.
Thanks Dave. I've never seen this one either! This is very cool. I wish I knew where to get in touch with who has it? I don't know anything about FaceBook, but do you know who had it posted, and why? Any help chasing this down would be appreciated.
When something like this, pops up out of no where, it makes me think that the mystery of Daryl's car may yet be solved!
Thanks Again,
Dan
hemid68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #2350
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Stasko View Post
Gary Herman.
Thanks for the I D of Gary Herman,, Steve. You might want to go back and see who originally posted the photo,, since its still laying on my table where I scanned it last week.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote