HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Paul Precht

Liked 242 Times in 94 Posts
Default TCI Trans sheild 910000 for 727

Is anyone using one of these, are there any interference issues, thanks for any replies, Paul.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: TCI Trans sheild 910000 for 727

Hey Paul I think that I used one awhile back, if it's the aluminum two piece I had interference with the linkage. It probably depends on which shifter you are using and if you are mounting your cable mount off the gusset on D/S of case.If I remember correctly and you know how memory is, when I had the B&M shifter in car no problem, but when I installed the Turbo Action shifter the cable was right up against the shield, so if you could mount the cable close to case and it will appear at an angle going to linkage arm on valve body, and also the arm seemed to protrude outside the shield slightly at the opening, I remember opening that up a bit also. I'M using the carbon fiber one now and it also has it's querks and tough to trim. What ever you do don't shorten the linkage arm, you'll change the geometry and your detentes will be off.

Last edited by Frank Bialas; 09-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Frank Bialas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
Paul Precht

Liked 242 Times in 94 Posts

Hi Frank, hows it going. I have the push button cable only and it's below where the later linkage would be. I broke the front pump last week doing some testing and figured I should put the shield on while I have the trans out, I'll be using the A A trans 4340 steel pump this time, no more pump issues I hope. I wanted to run the Numidia race next weekend but there's not enough seconds in my life to have it ready in time. I'll be at the Keystones Friday Oct 4th, hope to see ya there, Paul.
Paul Precht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Precht View Post
Hi Frank, hows it going. I have the push button cable only and it's below where the later linkage would be. I broke the front pump last week doing some testing and figured I should put the shield on while I have the trans out, I'll be using the A A trans 4340 steel pump this time, no more pump issues I hope. I wanted to run the Numidia race next weekend but there's not enough seconds in my life to have it ready in time. I'll be at the Keystones Friday Oct 4th, hope to see ya there, Paul.
Paul what was I thinking? actually I wasn't thinking!!! Ok so push button, not a problem than, cause I only saw some scuff marks on the top from tunnel, again I'm not sure if it's the same . I finally got my hip replaced but got out friday & saturday to E-twn for the points race, had some good weather too. The motor is out, so I'm not gonna race but think I'll make the DUTCH always a good time!!!