HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #111
Patrick Kelliher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the reason that a bunch of us young guys don't like the delay stuff, is the fact that many of us came from the Jr. Dragster ranks where you only have a steering wheel, a brake, and a throttle. No buttons, no nothing. Unfortunately the only readily available classes that do not allow delay boxes are Stock/ Super Stock. Comp is only run at Divisional/Nationals. And if you drive a dragster at most local tracks it has to be in a box ET category.

Patrick Kelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #112
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

There is no way you can run a "Spec" Transmission Brake for all car models or switch. Let's go back to the basics and drive our cars, even the Pro Stock guys have to shift their cars.

I second the comment about Jordan...Julie...you are raising a very smart kid.

SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #113
STK9417

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats Stock about Stock ? If you want Stock, lets get rid of converters,light weight transmissions, cams, race fuel, headers, slicks aftermarket brakes, ignition systems, all the contingency sponsors and everything else you can think of.

Art Wilson
STK9417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #114
stockracer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Incognito Gecko...if you loose now you will lose no matter the rules...and the scrolling, blacked out, misspelled banners arn't that cool either. I agree with above post, stock will never be STOCK.

stockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #115
Bryan Cranston

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In my opinion, the use of any delay device in a Super Stocer would undermine the integrity of the performance based class. Perhaps stricter policing of the rules to prevent entirely the use of such devices, including variable throw transbrake buttons would better uphold the value of the class, because if this question is being posed, then I am sure some delay devices have already been discovered. Please reserve these items for those racers that feel aluminum interiors, fiberglass noses, throttle stops, and lexan windows belong on racecars, and leave Super Stockers the way they have always been and should always be, driven.

Bryan Cranston is offline   Reply With Quote