HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #11
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: NHRA response to the letters sent.

bet $100 before 2015 is done one / all of the shows cars - people - trucks race at an NHRA track ....

anyone takers (limit first one )

captain jack
Old 03-04-2015, 12:31 AM   #12
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,591 Times in 1,738 Posts

I'd love to have a piece of that spectator gate...
Old 03-15-2015, 11:58 PM   #13
Mag00

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
I'd love to have a piece of that spectator gate...
most everyone that has commented has had a bit of cynicism.. for the wrong reasons.. just blame the lawyers.. if NHRA had not said something, it would be much easier to possibly win a large settlement in a frivolous suit..Thgink back to what we call stupid lawsuits.. each one , win or lose costs you and I a penny , nickel di9me, open, space, personal right, or racetrack... a motorcycle custom part manufacturer many years ago was sued by a fool that crashed his bike, the handlebar folded back and penetrated the fool's leg.. Result? lawsuit...The rider's lawyer got the manufacture they sued to settle before trial.. trouble was the settlement was like extortion.. the plaintiff was NOT the manufacturer of the bar.. but it was cheaper to settle before trial.. there are thousands of cases... and thousands of millionaire lawyers as a result..
how about a top fuel car that crashes due to a bad tire? No question.. sue the tire manufacture, distributor, chassis builer and, and, and the racetrack... It happens ... NHRA is using lawyer talk to keep other lawyers away.. and possibly keep them afloat .. without certain things like arangements for affordable insurance etc, we would not have ANY tracks..I have no doubt in my mind if any thing bad happened on that set NHRA would be drug into it.... That is the way the machine works...It is not the first time a sanctioning body has tried what some might call heavy handed tactics..
Mag00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #14
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 680 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag00 View Post
most everyone that has commented has had a bit of cynicism.. for the wrong reasons.. just blame the lawyers.. if NHRA had not said something, it would be much easier to possibly win a large settlement in a frivolous suit..Thgink back to what we call stupid lawsuits.. each one , win or lose costs you and I a penny , nickel di9me, open, space, personal right, or racetrack... a motorcycle custom part manufacturer many years ago was sued by a fool that crashed his bike, the handlebar folded back and penetrated the fool's leg.. Result? lawsuit...The rider's lawyer got the manufacture they sued to settle before trial.. trouble was the settlement was like extortion.. the plaintiff was NOT the manufacturer of the bar.. but it was cheaper to settle before trial.. there are thousands of cases... and thousands of millionaire lawyers as a result..
how about a top fuel car that crashes due to a bad tire? No question.. sue the tire manufacture, distributor, chassis builer and, and, and the racetrack... It happens ... NHRA is using lawyer talk to keep other lawyers away.. and possibly keep them afloat .. without certain things like arangements for affordable insurance etc, we would not have ANY tracks..I have no doubt in my mind if any thing bad happened on that set NHRA would be drug into it.... That is the way the machine works...It is not the first time a sanctioning body has tried what some might call heavy handed tactics..
If this is the case then NHRA should have put that in the letter and sent it to the producers. Don't threaten the cast of the show.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #15
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Don't threaten the cast of the show.
NHRA did not threaten the cast of the show. All NHRA did was say that if you participate in this show, you are not welcome in our races. No one has a right to race in NHRA events and NHRA, like any private organization, has the right to choose who it does business with as long as it does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or gender.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #16
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 680 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsamuel View Post
NHRA did not threaten the cast of the show. All NHRA did was say that if you participate in this show, you are not welcome in our races. No one has a right to race in NHRA events and NHRA, like any private organization, has the right to choose who it does business with as long as it does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or gender.
Threaten might be to harsh of a word but non the less. If you do this then we will do this to you. I guess a promise and not a threat.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #17
jwsamuel

Liked 216 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Threaten might be to harsh of a word but non the less. If you do this then we will do this to you. I guess a promise and not a threat.
Yep...It's kind of like a college that tells a frat house "If you chant racist things, you can't be part of our college." Or, a football league that tells a player "If you beat up your wife or beat your little boy, you can't play for us." Or a baseball league that says "If you gamble on baseball, you can't play in our league." Or a school that tells teachers "If you molest children, you can't teach here."

The world is full of conditions like that.

Jim