HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #11

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Team orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Why would it matter? I don't know ask drew skillman. I bet he could give you one reason.

Would to hear Drew's story but he isn't here to tell us. Care to share?
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #12
RULER

Liked 57 Times in 17 Posts

Well as I remember it was a couple of years ago when he got very close to the stock world championship, there was another one at Pomona also but who's counting. I never said it shouldn't happen, but at the end of the year everybody starts pointing fingers yet nothing is said at the start of the year, Also who is a team member?, are they team cars owned by one owner or do you just get paid to leave early or not show-up?
RULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #13
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 31 Times in 9 Posts

I have never understood why some people will complain about a team car taking a dive. What about the 35 other win lights he has to turn on to be in the hunt for the championship? Seriously, 1 easy run out of 35 from a car that you own shouldn't even be discussed. Especially when that car has to get to the 3rd round to help you.
It's part of the game. Deal with it. Or buy 30 cars and bye-run your way to a championship, which probably still wouldn't happen.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:44 AM   #14
Spring Fling

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

Justin Lamb and I were paired up to race in the 3rd round of Super Stock. I gave him the round, clear and simple.

The car I was racing (Unruh's '69 Camaro) was varying 3 tenths over the three time runs and 2 rounds of eliminations. Justin and his father changed everything in the fuel system that could be changed over those runs and we couldn't get it figured out (check out the incrementals). That being said I would of most likely given him the round regardless. We are a team and I want to have the best chance of winning the class whether it's me or Justin. Justin has a 8.40 car and hits the bottom bulb very well, that's a tough combo to beat. I was also in the third round of Super Comp and the two classes (Super Comp and Super Stock) were running back to back all 4 days, not a very easy task to have a clear head in the later rounds.

Good luck to all this year.

-Kyle
www.BracketRaces.com
Spring Fling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:22 AM   #15
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 241 Times in 104 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RULER View Post
I never said it shouldn't happen, but at the end of the year everybody starts pointing fingers yet nothing is said at the start of the year...
That`s normal. Not as many people notice because everyone is in the title hunt. At the end of the season everyone starts following the very few that still have a chance while racing in Vegas and Pomona.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #16
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Is that sorta like dumpster diving? I did a little dumpster diving last year. All you do is take a bath after. It is especially good when the dumpster divette disperses himself of the non divers and wins the whole deal. Too much coffee again.