HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #31
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Factory Stockers FS/XX

The best "talent" in conventional N.A. drag race power plants are "showcased" in Pro Stock. Thats it , period , end of story.
You'd have to "force" their collective hands , so to speak , buy eliminating Pro Stock entirely. Then , perhaps with enough incentive , they migrate to F.S.
AS for eliminating P.S.
My guess is that will happen soon enough. And the sooner the better.
Its not 1985-1995 anymore.
Within 5 years.
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:29 PM   #32
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Nobody in the stands when they run. Just like Pro Stock.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #33
joespanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Nobody in the stands when they run. Just like Pro Stock.
That's , if true , unfortunate.
What I don't understand is the "separation" or cult mentality thats evident in drag racing. The "heads up" crowds that show up at those events apparently don't "translate" to NHRA class racing.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:24 AM   #34
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside68 View Post
Isn’t that kinda similar to Barton then? Engine builder, factory support. He probably has more customers then DSR, leading to more data as well? Even Elite and their program? Love the class, but it has plenty of cuts causing some bleeding.
I think the difference is Barton builds engines for customers many of the Copo cars run his engines any one can go to Barton and order some engine upgrade. That is not the case with DSR they have a bunch of pro teams and as far as XX they build for there team, I don't see where they have a retail business where I can go to have an engine built to compete with them. Barton is competing with all his customers. Also Dodge turned over their XX race program to DSR I don't see where Chevy turned over there program to Barton or Elite or any race team. There is a big difference
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #35
GATOR

Liked 56 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
I don't see where they have a retail business where I can go to have an engine built to compete with them. Barton is competing with all his customers. Also Dodge turned over their XX race program to DSR I don't see where Chevy turned over there program to Barton or Elite or any race team. There is a big difference
Bischoff builds the engines for DSR cars, so yes appears you could call Tony and just order an engine to compete. Same as Copo teams, just call Stanfield for the best. All it takes is a fat wallet. That is the problem with this class as all heads up racing. More $ and resources usually create an advantage. Especially the $$$ part!
GATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:27 AM   #36
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespanova View Post
That's , if true , unfortunate.
What I don't understand is the "separation" or cult mentality thats evident in drag racing. The "heads up" crowds that show up at those events apparently don't "translate" to NHRA class racing.
They (including Pro Stock) don't make enough noise or run fast enough to excite the average spectator. First national event I went to so I could watch old friend Mike Edwards run his Pro Stock car, (I was not racing then, but working too much) I was amazed that the stands fill up for the fuel cars, empty when they finish. Was not aware of that when racing. Go to the stands when fuel cars are not running, sit about anywhere you want.
They don't watch Comp, either. Even fewer in the stands when the .90 throttle stop cars run. I understand that one. LOL
Old 09-28-2018, 08:46 AM   #37
joespanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
They (including Pro Stock) don't make enough noise or run fast enough to excite the average spectator. First national event I went to so I could watch old friend Mike Edwards run his Pro Stock car, (I was not racing then, but working too much) I was amazed that the stands fill up for the fuel cars, empty when they finish. Was not aware of that when racing. Go to the stands when fuel cars are not running, sit about anywhere you want.
They don't watch Comp, either. Even fewer in the stands when the .90 throttle stop cars run. I understand that one. LOL
At the "end of the day" as they say ( outside of the fuel circus show ) , me , you and all the guys with cars the spectators don't seem to appreciate ( the fans with little or NO hands on experience ) just don't get it . I could care less ........to me its a "party' for the racers BY the racers.
Yes , except for the .90 cars.......they dont count.........LOL
Old 09-28-2018, 08:49 AM   #38
joespanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOR View Post
Bischoff builds the engines for DSR cars, so yes appears you could call Tony and just order an engine to compete.
I like hearing this.........
I just sent my heads up there 2 weeks ago for "improvement" Go Preston..........LOL
Old 09-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #39
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATOR View Post
Bischoff builds the engines for DSR cars, so yes appears you could call Tony and just order an engine to compete. Same as Copo teams, just call Stanfield for the best. All it takes is a fat wallet. That is the problem with this class as all heads up racing. More $ and resources usually create an advantage. Especially the $$$ part!
BES also builds COPOs, Cobra Jets along with Mopars. Tony and his team are top notch guys! If you can race it they can build it.
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote