Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-02-2021, 02:54 PM   #21
Robin Lawrence
Sponsor

Liked 637 Times in 109 Posts
Default Re: First three pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Washington View Post
I have run lanes for quite some time...... To combat the late comers, if I have one car in a pair, I will send him/her up and tell the pair behind to leave a spot in front for the habitual late comer The late comers usually bitch, but have no other choice but to run the round or go back to their trailer and load up......
I cannot understand some people. We wait all winter to get back to racing. Drive hundreds of miles to participate in the event. Then you have people they take their sweet time getting to the lanes.
I actually like to be there earlier than late. I am able to relax and focus on the run. I'll wait as long as it takes. It doesn't matter.

A car owner who I have raced with gets caught in the Stocker traffic arriving to the track after the call to the lanes in the morning at Indy. He says with that many cars he has plenty of time. He has always made it. I think that he fits the party comment the night before category. LOL.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #22
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
A car owner who I have raced with gets caught in the Stocker traffic arriving to the track after the call to the lanes in the morning at Indy. He says with that many cars he has plenty of time. He has always made it. I think that he fits the party comment the night before category. LOL.
LOL!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:13 PM   #23

Liked 535 Times in 120 Posts

I don’t care when my opponent shows up. I’m usually there waiting on them. If they are last just gives this old guy more time to get ready! Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:49 PM   #24
Kingpen

Liked 51 Times in 21 Posts
Talking Re: First three pair

I was pretty much always in the first 3 pair in 2019( before then too), it seemed to work out OK.......Victor Penrod
Kingpen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:51 AM   #25
curtis reed

Liked 90 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpen View Post
I was pretty much always in the first 3 pair in 2019( before then too), it seemed to work out OK.......Victor Penrod

You are kind of a stud though Victor. LOL

It would be interesting to hear from someone who does this on a regular basis as to why. I see it in all forms of drag racing and have just never understood what the reason is. It is usually the same guys all the time.
curtis reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #26
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,130 Times in 780 Posts

Would it make sense for you guys to contact your Division Directors to make your opinion known? It makes sense to me that there should be a window established to report to the lanes when you're called and if it's not observed you're out.
Also at National Events that run Class Eliminations, in the old days each class ran together and the contestants would meet in the lanes and work out the logistics, coin flips and the such, why not now?
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #27
1matcoman

Liked 285 Times in 113 Posts
Talking Re: First three pair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Also at National Events that run Class Eliminations........
Class Eliminations??? What's that?
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-03-2021, 11:52 AM   #28
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

When ever I sit in the lanes waiting for my competition, or for the track being prepped, or a weather delay, I, after years of experience, come prepared for such unforeseen situations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1819.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	380.0 KB
ID:	56725   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1820.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	56726  
Old 02-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #29
SDmopar

Liked 81 Times in 19 Posts

First guy in line gets lane choice is a easy fix.. LOL Could go a step further and say if the opponent isn't there buy the time your up they get the DQ. Just think they could probably raise the quoted to 120 cars if they would line up and run faster.

5058 B/SA 99 Chevy Camaro SS
SDmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #30
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 804 Times in 214 Posts

Think about This so The announcer calls us to the lanes for pairing, So since I am a good ole boy and hop in the race car and go to the lanes as per NHRA announcer and the staging personnel, so I check the air in tires and check over the race car and as I do this cars start going up to the staging lanes so since I have waited for a reasonable amount of time I start my car and go to the staging lanes > now the shoe is on the other foot for the sandbaggers they are responsible in getting to the lanes not me , waiting all the time until the end while the sandbaggers watch listing,checking if racers are breaking out or??? eating lunch or whatever they do to sandbag just asking for a friend What will happen if I am already in the staging lanes?
I ask a track person pairing us what would happen if I did the above his answer was amazing he said most likely I would be disqualified ??? I said really for doing what you are telling all to go to the staging lanes he then said NHRA protects the sandbaggers ??? think about that all Strange but true

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 02-04-2021 at 10:51 AM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote