HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
GTS340

Liked 1,075 Times in 336 Posts
Default First three pair

One of my pet peeves is waiting to line up. First round call comes out and the first three pair sit in the lanes for it seems 20 minutes before another pair dare to follow.
Personally I try and get first three pair knowing I don't have to hear and see the NHRA official yell at us like we are two year olds. Where does it say the drivers that wants to go last
get their way no matter what. Either I hear "I don't want to be first" or " hang on I need to check my tire pressure five times" Personally I have a somewhat high HP car that has to run
a 8" rim because the 1969 Darts doesn't have tire clearance like others. I run 24 lbs of air pressure ( tip of the day) and can hook in a carwash. Some racers don't pull the car out of the trailer
till they hear cars in their class going down the track. Obviously I've never been world champ or anything close. What the advantage is to being last must be making your competitor wait. You can
always tell the class is at its end when you see those certain names bring up the rear. About the only thing that happens on the first few pairs is the Photo person might be late.. Maybe all all last year
champs should be required to be first the following year not the three low qualifiers. Change it up!

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #2
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,749 Times in 424 Posts
Default Re: First three pair

I really wish that the NHRA would close the lanes at a set time after the first call. This is one thing I love about the NMCA. They will send you back to your trailer!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #3
GTS340

How about first come gets lane chose and I'll see you in the lanes lined up. Don't be late for my bye run.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:30 PM   #4
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,656 Times in 507 Posts

There are some that like to hang back and run at the end of the line. I guess they either run in a class just before us or they are checking to see what others have run that they know what their previous performance might have been to base their dial. I know who those racers are in my division and if I draw one of them I just hold back myself. In D2 we don't have the first 3 pair thing in divisional races. I would not be against closing the lane after the first pair runs unless you are back in the pit thrashing to make the round and send a person to the staging to let them know what is happening. Personally I like to get up there and get it done.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:16 PM   #5
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts

I have a lot of respect for the crew assigned to pairing the cars in staging, this has to be one of the most thankless jobs there is, herding cats would probably be easier. I wonder when it became dumb to report to staging when called?
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #6
GTS340

It use to be if you ran in Super Street. You can't run another category. Maybe that rule changed. Then stock to the lanes! I guess the folks bringing up the rear don't have weather stations. That makes sense now. I can wait then. I do anyway. Send in the meal truck for a snack. I'm a big guy burning calories pacing around.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
BILL TAYLOR

Liked 187 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
I really wish that the NHRA would close the lanes at a set time after the first call. This is one thing I love about the NMCA. They will send you back to your trailer!
If my memory serves me right, At Cecil County back in the 70's, if you weren't in the lanes when the first pair went, you got DQ,ed. That worked. out pretty well, think it still would!
BILL TAYLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #8
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,130 Times in 780 Posts

The Land of NED back in the day tolerated no BS.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:43 PM   #9
Jim Caughlin

Liked 694 Times in 209 Posts

One of the staging lane guys here in Div 6 said they were considering calling us to the lanes on Saturday night figuring that we might get there by Sunday morning.
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:17 PM   #10
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
One of the staging lane guys here in Div 6 said they were considering calling us to the lanes on Saturday night figuring that we might get there by Sunday morning.

SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote