Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #11
ssracerjr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: two step for starting line and burnout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
This^^^
Sounds like your burnout is way too long. Been doing 4-5 second burnouts, shorter on hot days, for over 22 years in a 3 speed footbrake car without a 2 or 3 step. Don't make it harder than it needs to be as has everyone of my competitors in NHRA Division 1 competing in the Summit ET Series.
Once again your ignorance is showing. You know nothing about doing a burnout in a Stock legal car, so please stay out of the discussion. What you do in your 9 sec car offers nothing in comparison....especially to someone running I/SA.
ssracerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duzac View Post
Didn't they outlaw the 3 step in stock? If a 3 step is legal for stock, I will reinstall mine.
I think they did, check with tech. I see you liked it also and with a snappy little engine like yours, I can see it getting out of hand on the burnout.

I have my 3rd step out because I went to an ICE Ignition and they didn't have that option; only a two step.
I'll be at the shop tomorrow but I understand they finally put the heads on the short-block yesterday. I gotta think it will be ready for the dyno by Friday this week.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 415 Times in 200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssracerjr View Post
Once again your ignorance is showing. You know nothing about doing a burnout in a Stock legal car, so please stay out of the discussion. What you do in your 9 sec car offers nothing in comparison....especially to someone running I/SA.
it's YOU that is ignorant with your CLUELESS comment.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Good Lord! He's back! LMAO!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #15
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
it's YOU that is ignorant with your CLUELESS comment.
Oh no......it's "Mr. Know-It-All" from "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show".
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Last month at the IHRA National event in Michigan,my Mom had a problem with the brakes not holding the car in the water box,so she drove around it and did a dry hop.Staged and left the line with the best 60 ft of the weekend.Your results may vary.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
D. Hake 4459

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

My burnout goes a lot faster than it sounds. About 3 -4 seconds. Barely any smoke. As long as the track is not messed up it hooks. If I rev it too high in the water the pistons meet the valves and then it's a bad day. That's why I like the 2 step for burnout. I think I'll try the switch between the burnout chip and the high side of the the two step. Hope that's legal.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
magnumv8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeff....I was trying to decide myself on an ignition system for my new stocker project and was looking into the ICE ignition also, but found out they are NOT an approved NHRA legal ignition system.....

D L Rambo.....
magnumv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumv8 View Post
Jeff....I was trying to decide myself on an ignition system for my new stocker project and was looking into the ICE ignition also, but found out they are NOT an approved NHRA legal ignition system.....

D L Rambo.....
WOW! Glad I read your post I was looking into the ICE system myself and I did check the approved list and its not listed. Guess I'm going to go with the 7720/7730 set up.
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #20
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I don't see the factory single point ignition listed either. But it's legal. It's just an ignition box and does nothing but spark & limit RPM. Nothing else. I know the ICE Ignition is being used by at least one NHRA multi-time national record holder.
At least the Chinese aren't making knockoff ICE Ignitions and they aren't in BK either....

Stock
DISTRIBUTOR
Any battery-operated, stock-type ignition permitted. Crank trigger systems prohibited unless OEM distributorless ignition. Distributorless ignition must retain OEM number of coils. See General Regulations 8:3.

Super Stock
DISTRIBUTOR
Any battery-powered ignition system permitted. Distributorless ignition must retain OEM number of coils. See General Regulations 8:3.

General Reg 8.3
8:3 IGNITION
Each car in competition must have a positive-action on/off switch, capable of de-energizing the entire ignition system, in good working order, located within easy reach of the driver. “Momentary contact” switch prohibited. Magneto “kill button”-type switches are prohibited.
All ignition systems and/or components wiring harnesses and attachments must utilize those supplied by the ignition system manufacturer. The wiring harness must be used in an unaltered manner consistent with the manufacturer’s installation and instruction books.
All removable or pin-type timing devices are prohibited.
The use of any programmable multi-point rev limiter and/or a rate- of-acceleration rpm limiter, either by themselves (e.g., MSD 7561) or integrated into the ignition system (e.g., MSD 7531), are prohibited in NHRA competition.

Last edited by Jeff Lee; 09-11-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Jeff Lee is offline   Reply With Quote