HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
OLD GUY

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default Sorenson's 1.408 under decision

Since the thread Whither the 425/427 got hi jacked I will start it fresh. Bill Dedman is correct when he posted "this is not rocket science". The rule is simple, You go 1.40 under you get hit period.
The people that witnessed the Sorenson scaling incident which really should have no bearing on whether the combo gets hit or not, have been contacted by at least 2 NHRA people and asked to put what they saw in writing. They have agreed to do so and have been told this issue isn't over by any means. My opinion for what it is worth, is for some unknown reason the big NHRA broom has come out of the closet, the carpet lifted, and in one sweep it has all disappeared. It has become quite obvious that the 1.40 under rule only applies to those that NHRA wants it to apply to. If I were Fred Hensen, Frank Grossi or anybody else that got hit with 3.25 % HP I would be HOT and in somebody's face.

Dave Schmitz
OLD GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Sorenson's 1.408 under decision

Dave, just think, if you'd had a Chevy all those years..... LOL! How different your life could have been!!!

You probably don't remember me, but I lived in Hayward from 1980 'til 2004 and watched your E-Body car a lot at Fremont, Sac., Sears Point etc....

I hung around Hollums' shop with Len Schneider and MIke Loge a lot.... you and I met a time or two, but that was 25+ years ago... fat guy with a white beard (ME, not you).... worked for the Chronicle.

Anyway, thanks for the info.... I can see Fast Freddy's lawyers lining up the paperwork as we speak... LOL!

Last edited by bill dedman; 05-22-2009 at 11:28 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
OLD GUY

Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Sorensen's 1.408 under decision

We came oh so close to building a 427 Camaro. But we had all the parts from the 65 Hemi car that Butch Leal bought from us and all we had to do was change the pistons, cam and use cast iron heads and we were done. Don little is still the only guy I know that can make that street hemi run. Hensens motor proves that.
Yes I do remember you even though it was a long time ago.
I see Sorensen is running the divisional at Mission. (talk about a fast track) It looks like Joe is back behind the wheel again. Can't believe NHRA hasn't acted on this yet.

Dave Schmitz
OLD GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #4
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

In talking to my div tech director this how it is no nhra person saw what happened so no hp hit. However new langauge is beinng writen as far as 1.40 under. Kind of closeing the barn door after the horse got out. So untill we see somthing in writing the matter is dead. I think his veiw was it has to be seen by someone from nhra and it is ilegal to take out wieght of taint a fuel sample to void a run. I also found out the hard way that only Nal event runs count for ahfs averages. On fri before teching in I asked the div tech director and div director if div runs counted on the average and was told yes then after my fist run on sat I was told that they had called Cal and now it was nal only so much for that.So now with so few cars in the average there maybe a lot of hp given out unless you had your car painted in Cal. Tom Meyer
Old 05-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,550 Times in 1,982 Posts

Sorenson's car sure has lost a lot of its luster!!!! His car will still beat mine in a heads-up run every time, but it won't mean as much as it did before Boisie.

Last edited by Larry Hill; 05-25-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #6
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Meyer View Post
However new langauge is beinng writen as far as 1.40 under. Kind of closeing the barn door after the horse got out. So untill we see somthing in writing the matter is dead.
This system really needs more of persons input rather than new "writing" that gets NHRA of the hook...this was 1.40 under the sealevel index at an altitude track...like 1.60 under..come on..were is the fairness to others that got this treat?

p.s. Why didn't he get the Record?was the other runs too far apart and the slower ET over current Record?
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Meyer View Post
In talking to my div tech director this how it is no nhra person saw what happened so no hp hit. However new langauge is beinng writen as far as 1.40 under. Kind of closeing the barn door after the horse got out. So untill we see somthing in writing the matter is dead. I think his veiw was it has to be seen by someone from nhra and it is ilegal to take out wieght of taint a fuel sample to void a run. I also found out the hard way that only Nal event runs count for ahfs averages. On fri before teching in I asked the div tech director and div director if div runs counted on the average and was told yes then after my fist run on sat I was told that they had called Cal and now it was nal only so much for that.So now with so few cars in the average there maybe a lot of hp given out unless you had your car painted in Cal. Tom Meyer
So, we can run as fast as we want at div races, as long as we stay off that 1.40 trigger, without hurting our AHFS averages?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
larry dowty

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts

WHAT happened to kevin cours post on this matter?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

Thats my take on it Ed. It is now a three person board Bruce Danny and I can not rember the other so like I said maybe you need your car painted in Cal. Tom
Old 05-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #10
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,667 Times in 340 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas

Tom -- I don't agree with your anology as I'm probably one of the few on this board who has had his car painted in California and it hasn't helped me over the years one bit -- not one little bit .. ever......

PS-- I really hate to admit it but I got some very nice paint work .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0227.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	843