HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Bill Harris

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
Default Great editing at ND

Looking though the new and improved National Dragster (Oct 16th) with all it's color pix of even us lowly sportsman scum.... format is a lot better than before, but they must have fired an editor or two to pay for the nice paper.

Pages 50 and 51... supposed to be SS class eliminations, has pictures of various SS cars identifying them as various stockers, and then has a list of Stock class eliminations results.

Good work guys and gals!! Maybe Compton himself spent a day editing to show 'em how it is done!
Bill Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Belair 7548

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Great editing at ND

I just hope it doesn't get any smaller (format much less the about thickness, or lack thereof).........this seems to be minumum size this format should or can be. I guess cutting down on the amount of paper is good in the long run, using less trees, etc...........the text seems to have gotten smaller too.......boy they are squeezing it on all levels...........but we're all being squeezed right now.........and not in the right places.......guess it's a sign of the times
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts

I was at Sam's the other day and bought toilet paper. When I got home my wife informed me the rolls were narrower and would not fit in our toilet paper holders,[ we have the ones without a roller and two ends ]. I guess everyone is cutting back.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Talking Re: Great editing at ND

Check out the Super Comp coverage from the Sportsnationals.They listed all of the races from Dallas.

P.S.

This is not the only issue that has errors.

Before attending the Sportsnationals,I checked National Dragster to see the contingency postings on page 38 of the September 25,2009 issue.

Well,I ended up getting Runner-Up,and later found out that it was a "misprint",and ARP,AC DELCO,HAULMARK TRAILER,CENTERLINE WHEELS,HURST SHIFTER,HOOKER HEADERS,HOLLY FUEL PUMP,RICHMOND GEAR,BENDIX BRAKES,MR GASKET and others were NOT actually paying contingency.It was a "misprint".

Oh well,at least I didn't win! LOL!

Last edited by 442OLDS; 10-15-2009 at 09:42 PM.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Ths editorial snafus at National DRAGSTER have been going on for a very long time...

Back in the 1980's (might have been '90s,) my friend, Denny Reed, a Division V racer from Des Moines, Iowa, who ran a Mustang in Stock Eliminator, finally won an NHRA national event after years and years of trying. All of you who run Stock, and / or S/S, know how incredibly hard it is to win a national event!

There are, by actual count, 946,763,184,587 ways to LOSE; only ONE way to win... 'nuff sed.

Denny Reed ~finally~ won a national event, and when the sportsman coverage issue in National DRAGSTER came out for that race, there it was, the headline: "DENNY FORD WINS DENVER!!!"

They not only couldn't spell his name right, after many years of listing his car in the round-by-round columns, they didn't even have the gumption, or professionalism to print a correction in a later issue, much less an apology.

To add insult to injury, Denny Ford is a Chevy racer (and, a very good one!)

Natonal DRAGSTER should be ashamed....

In 1970, or thereabouts, I complained to the NHRA in a letter to National DRAGSTER, about cars being weighed for classification purposes, without the driver aboard.

Bill Holland was editor of National DRAGSTER at the time. He printed my letter, and did his best to make my idea look like lunacy, asking how this weighing the driver WITH THE CAR could be policed, and did I think they should be weighed with just their Jockey shorts on, or fully clothed???? BIG LAFFS, here...

About a year later, some of the larger-framed guys who drove Pro Stockers raised so much Hell about NHRA NOT weighing the drivers with the cars, that the procedure was changed for them. I don't think it took long for weighing the cars and drivers together, to become standard practice across the board, after that.

I'm still waiting for Bill Holland to write that "eating crow" letter.... but, I'm not holding my breath. He was probably instructed to do what he did, by some NHRA "Druid-of-the-day."

The more things change (at NHRA,) the more they stay the same.... GIGO...

Last edited by bill dedman; 10-15-2009 at 11:19 PM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #6
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
I was at Sam's the other day and bought toilet paper. When I got home my wife informed me the rolls were narrower and would not fit in our toilet paper holders,[ we have the ones without a roller and two ends ]. I guess everyone is cutting back.
Maybe you should use National RAGster for toilet paper instead.......LOL.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote