HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default In-Dash CO2 Refilling Connectors

I want to put in one of those super-cool in-dash fittings to refill my CO2 bottle. I've seen them on several newer cars (like TNT and others), and they let you just connect a bigger refill bottle to the fitting to refill the car's bottle. No removing the bottle or messing with your CO2 system.

Today, I have a 10lb refill bottle and I take it to the car, disconnect my regulator and stuff from the bottle, refill it and reconnect. But this messes with the regulator and stuff and is a PITA. The in-dash thing looks like just the ticket.

I'm guessing you need some kind of bulkhead AN4 fitting with a check valve and a line into a tee on the CO2 bottle. Anyone have any more details, parts, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
voltdr

Liked 92 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: In-Dash CO2 Refilling Connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
I want to put in one of those super-cool in-dash fittings to refill my CO2 bottle. I've seen them on several newer cars (like TNT and others), and they let you just connect a bigger refill bottle to the fitting to refill the car's bottle. No removing the bottle or messing with your CO2 system.

Today, I have a 10lb refill bottle and I take it to the car, disconnect my regulator and stuff from the bottle, refill it and reconnect. But this messes with the regulator and stuff and is a PITA. The in-dash thing looks like just the ticket.

I'm guessing you need some kind of bulkhead AN4 fitting with a check valve and a line into a tee on the CO2 bottle. Anyone have any more details, parts, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris, All you need to do is to add a TEE fitting at the High-side gauge on your CO2 regulator. Run a line from the TEE to the bulkhead fitting. No need for any check valves. When you want to refill. Just remove the cap on the bulkhead fitting. Then open the CO2 bottle and let it drain. Now close the bottle. Connect your refill line to the dash connector. Open the supply CO2 and bleed off the trapped air until you get the CO2 liquid. Tighten the hose connector and open the CO2 bottle on the car and let it fill up. Close the bottles and remove the line. Reinstall the cap on the dash connector and you're ready to go. Much better than disconnecting all the other stuff.
Hope this helps.
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
Chris, All you need to do is to add a TEE fitting at the High-side gauge on your CO2 regulator. Run a line from the TEE to the bulkhead fitting. No need for any check valves. When you want to refill. Just remove the cap on the bulkhead fitting. Then open the CO2 bottle and let it drain. Now close the bottle. Connect your refill line to the dash connector. Open the supply CO2 and bleed off the trapped air until you get the CO2 liquid. Tighten the hose connector and open the CO2 bottle on the car and let it fill up. Close the bottles and remove the line. Reinstall the cap on the dash connector and you're ready to go. Much better than disconnecting all the other stuff.
Hope this helps.
Dan
I understand the process. What I'm looking for is the components. What bulkhead fitting? The ones I've seen have no cap on the bulkhead fitting (that's why I assume there's some kind of check valve). I assume the back of the bulkhead fitting then connects to typical flex CO2 lines, and that goes to the tee fitting. Those are the questions...
Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
voltdr

Liked 92 Times in 49 Posts

The TEE fitting is the same pipe thread as the gauge. Most likely 1/8" pipe on (male) on each end, and a -4 on the TEE side. Use the teflon hose to extend the line to the dash. Use a -4 brake line bulkhead fitting on the dash and put a -4 cap on it. On my dragster the bottle is easily accessible, so I can fill my bottle right at the regulator w/o the extra line. Hope this helps.

Last edited by voltdr; 10-10-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added more info
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote