HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
JBM Sr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Charlotte Four Wide Nationals

Just a question. I was looking at the car count for the Charlotte, NC., Four Wide Nationals and they are very low in the Sportsman classes. Super Stock has 13 cars and 7 are from D1. Stock has 17 cars and 8 are from D1. Super Gas has 16 cars with 7 from D! with 3 weeks left before the race. Why so low? I have not been to that track so I can not comment on it or how the Four Wide race is run. I know times are tough, but it looks like some D1 cars are going. What happened to the D2 cars?
JBM Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,774 Times in 868 Posts
Default Re: Charlotte Four Wide Nationals

With car counts being what they are there is no need to enter early...preference being to hold on to your money longer vs. NHRA holding it. Many D1 racers have "cabin fever" and are anxious to get started.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,040 Times in 319 Posts

From talking to a few racers who went to last years 4-wide nationals they said they would never go back. They said cause the track they normally run the .90 cars on is hardly ever used and it was skating on a piece of ice due to no rubber being laid down except for what the truck and tractors put down. Now it was back in March last year they did the race and did move it up to April this year but, I think Gas is a major factor for a lot of racers this year. One racer I talked to said from his home in NJ to NC and back was almost $600 to $700 in just fuel for the trip. Also I think people are in no rush to get out this year, it's almost like spend an extra day at work and save up vacation days, maybe go bracket racing locally for 1 day or go race for 6 days. I think this is just the beginning to low car counts at a lot of National Events this year.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Charlotte Four Wide Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
From talking to a few racers who went to last years 4-wide nationals they said they would never go back. They said cause the track they normally run the .90 cars on is hardly ever used and it was skating on a piece of ice due to no rubber being laid down except for what the truck and tractors put down. Now it was back in March last year they did the race and did move it up to April this year but, I think Gas is a major factor for a lot of racers this year. One racer I talked to said from his home in NJ to NC and back was almost $600 to $700 in just fuel for the trip. Also I think people are in no rush to get out this year, it's almost like spend an extra day at work and save up vacation days, maybe go bracket racing locally for 1 day or go race for 6 days. I think this is just the beginning to low car counts at a lot of National Events this year.
The track sucked, 14 hrs to get there wasnt an issue, not being able to get 2 somewhat similar timeslips was.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,774 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryGoFast View Post
The track sucked, 14 hrs to get there wasnt an issue, not being able to get 2 somewhat similar timeslips was.
Was it that way for the Sept race? Thought heat was the only issue at the fall race so figured the other lanes had come around.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Wasn't at the Fall race but it was cool weather in the sping but not the reason the track was geen.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #7
SCDAD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

we ran the fall race last year and were treated like crap. will never go back. definetly treated better at pro-am & divisionals. less money &
nicer people !
SCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #8
JBM Sr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was thinking about going to the fall race. When you say you were not treated well, was it weather related schedule changes, or is it they just don't care about sportsman?
JBM Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #9
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Went to the 1St Four Wide Nationals ,,,Time trials were OK 9.891 and 9.904 @ 171MPH( weather was warm and sun was out ) --- 1st round for S/G was delayed but still before noon , couldn't get down the track almost wrecked had to lift ,,,,entire trip was a waste , some of us did complain but was told that our cars had too much power for conditions --- Not going back ever in the spring , it was a 9 hour tow from northern Ohio .

Colorful Racer
Old 03-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDAD View Post
we ran the fall race last year and were treated like crap. will never go back. definetly treated better at pro-am & divisionals. less money &
nicer people !
Why do people always say the "were treated like crap..etc.etc." and then never post what exactly happened?
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote