HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Notch1320

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Reccomendations For awning/shelter

I am looking for recomendations in either a trailer awning, or an ez-up style shelter to use at the races to keep the car, and crew out of the sun. I have a 28' enclosed trailer, and am open to either type. Not looking to spend a ton of money, but still want a quality item. I prefer something that is wide enough for the car to fit in, and still be able to work on it.

Any help, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn Allsup
F/FI 718

Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 282 Times in 152 Posts

Look for a awning similar to the EZ UP--- available at home depot/lowes for about $100 for a 10x10 ---dont buy the EZ up one tho cost about $450-500 each---Get 2 and put them side by side --easy to put up take down and at the end of the year sell them if they are dirty or torn and go buy new next season----GET WHITE ONLY --if you buy blue or red you will have a blue or red tinge to everything under them---- I bought 2 white ones and I'm happy with mine ---also If you get an awning attached to the trailer you are stuck with A: an arm that is always in the way and B; if the sun moves you cant move the awning to cover your car and work areas. Comp 387

FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
OUTLAWSSAA

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I also have a 28ft enclosed which I put an awning on.Camping World sells & installed it.For the best one that they had a the time without auto in & out was about $900 installed.I bought the 18ft size because I didn't want it over the side door.Plenty of room to cover your car with that size.

OUTLAWSSAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you have an NHRA number, you get a major dicount on items such as the pop up from Jegs. I bought one from them, it is ez up style, I think 10 x 10, it list for over $100, If I remember right, I got it for $82, you can get Jegs in black or Red or blue, They cover the cars engine area and drivers compartment well.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #5
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Academy Sports has a 12x12 EZ-up (its their cheaper line) for less than $150, put two together and you're covered

Chad Rhodes
STK 2113
www.rhodesmotorsports.net
Old 05-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #6
Kevin Garceau

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had a 24ft awning on my 28ft trailer...I loved it.

On the newer versions you can release the bottom part of the a-arm and bring it out and it will come straight down. I think they call this Garage version, You can easily drive your car in and out of it.

Its amazing how much cooler and more comfortable a door car is that is in the shade.

Wanna play mind games?
Kevin Garceau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
AntroRacing

Liked 26 Times in 4 Posts

Shawn,

If you are look at a pop-up style canopy I would take a look at KD Kanopy. They have a great selection of pop-up style canopies up to 10x20. Most have an aluminium frame which makes it lighter and easier to carry. Go to www.kdkanopy.com and take a look. My e-mail is AntroRacing@aim.com or call me at 937-623-0073 if you have any questions.

Matt Antrobius
KD Kanopy Div. 3 Racer Rep

AntroRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #8
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 282 Times in 152 Posts

As I said before if you are weighing the pros-cons of a trailer mounted canopy vs. a freestanding version there are many fine products out there. of both styles.. Especially the ones that sponsor NHRA racing.... I obviously would look at one of theirs first and then make an informed decision to what you finally will end up with... It's your choice and $$$ I just know which way I would go but as I said the choice is yours.... See you at the races---Comp 387

FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote