HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
Spyphish

Liked 664 Times in 175 Posts
Default SS Burnout rules

Can my crew hold my AH car while I burnout? Seems our other rules are "excepted". Phish
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 248 Times in 106 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk
Default Re: SS Burnout rules

I doubt it. They made the Pro Stock guys quit leaning against the car in the water box a year or so ago. I`m sure you can`t hold onto them.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
Can my crew hold my AH car while I burnout? Seems our other rules are "excepted". Phish
Why would you need to have someone hold your car in the burnout? If the car goes crooked, you've got something set up wrong. Fix it instead of trying to get an exemption.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Frito

Liked 118 Times in 39 Posts

Only if you have "two scoops" and a spacer
Old 01-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #5
Spyphish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Why would you need to have someone hold your car in the burnout? If the car goes crooked, you've got something set up wrong. Fix it instead of trying to get an exemption.

Please have the burnout police review Robzneedforspeed. body cam at 17:11 to 17:18 time of the following youtube. Hemi Challenge Eliminations US Nationals 2016

My car is fine, I think I won Indy. Will hire burnout police for next year. Thanks
Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

I have to have guys holding my car from the front end to stop it from going forward during the burnout in the water box filled with water, with 30 pounds of air in the tires, with the line-lock on. It's a beast.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA bald spots

Last edited by Ron Ortiz; 01-27-2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: wrong wording
Ron Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #7
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,153 Times in 785 Posts

Ron,
Do you have a funny car cage in the beast?

QUOTE=Ron Ortiz;525237]I have to have guys holding my car from the front end to stop it from going forward during the burnout in the water box filled with water, with 30 pounds of air in the tires, with the line-lock on. It's a beast.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA bald spots[/QUOTE]
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #8
Spyphish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz View Post
I have to have guys holding my car from the front end to stop it from going forward during the burnout in the water box filled with water, with 30 pounds of air in the tires, with the line-lock on. It's a beast.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA bald spots

Ron, we need to meet one day. I love the wit and of course I am the hemi S stirrer. I don't run the eliminator but if I had a stocker I would want some of that U/SA. LOL
Old 01-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #9
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,958 Times in 1,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
I don't run the eliminator but if I had a stocker I would want some of that U/SA. LOL
Ron, d'ya think Spyphish could handle all of the drama and intrigue of U/SA?

What is "NORMAL"???
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Ron Ortiz

Liked 255 Times in 87 Posts

Spyphish, thank you for the comments, but, the scenario I presented is almost the truth.
Did a photo shoot for a magazine several years back, they wanted to get a shot of a burnout. We went to an airport in Lakeland FL and they poured over 5 gallons of water in front and on the rear tires. Well the beast just wanted to hook and all I ended up with was bald spots on the front tires from the Line-lock as it just plowed right through the water, with 32 pounds of air in the rears and fronts. They tried holding it but to no avail. I was on my way to Atlanta and they asked to just get the photo there. If I am in the water box, it will hold, but not on pavement.

Frank, I have a "hilarious cage" in the beast.

Billy, as you know it takes a special kind of person to be in U/SA. First, you have to expect to be parked very far away from the staging lanes. You are also snubbed as a possible Tru-Start lover. You have to put up with friends asking for a ride to the concession stand or restrooms or to someones pit area located in the track. People think that you are very patriotic with your class designation. Fast cars hate that you out qualify them (if you have a FFFord). You always have to fear that NHRA will lower some HP on a car that will end up in U. You must adapt to slower speeds in a relative term. You have to have the ability to take your eyes off the track and your opponent to recognize friends or hot chicks in the stands. Drama situations run from trying to find a part for a make that does not exist anymore to spectators asking how they can also get their family car into the pits.
And, the endless questions and remarks, "why don't you put a 4 barrel on it", "my grand pa had one of these", "my friend has a Corolla that's faster than you", "why don't you use nitrous", "ever think of demo derby".
This could be an entirely new thread when thinking about all the drama and intrigue. You have to be tough to run in this class and yet be kind of stupid at the same time, all the while having fun. I miss my AM radio in the car.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA Stockers Crack Me Up