Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153
Exclamation Re: Charlotte Four Wide Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjohnston View Post
Why do people always say the "were treated like crap..etc.etc." and then never post what exactly happened?
Treated like crap .... they delay sportsman over and over again, then they rush you to race so they can get finished. Then they put you on lanes that nobody can get down. My father was there, and his car can hook in a car wash.... he had to lift. The end result is NHRA does not care about us, they could care less if we didn't come, and they do not see that sportsman racing is the ROOTS OF RACING, and without roots the NHRA tree will eventually shrivil up and die.

I love this sport, but I do not like being treated like I am in a jail. Tell you when to eat sleep and shyt.
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Charlotte Four Wide Nationals

How do you really feel...lol

And Dad's car hooking in a car wash....

I was there for the inagural race and the track was good.....but from what I hear...things didn't go that well last year......the track was almost impossible....hopefully this year they will have that under control.....

I can't understand how they somehow make the track worse than a normal road....its like they grease it....lol
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lots of tracks were crap last year. May be in the prep.
On a side note Piedmont Dragway has a $20,000 to win Door Car only bracket race the same weekend, if ya'll rather do some bracket racing.
Chip Johnson
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
SCDAD

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They dont care about the sportsman racer at least at the fall race, they rush you to the lanes to sit , lanes
not big enough for all sc cars. Not permitted on pit vehicles on pro side of track even after pros finished, wanted to take friends back to their car & was told we needed to walk. Not a friendly place & we love to race in nc.
SCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDAD View Post
They dont care about the sportsman racer at least at the fall race, they rush you to the lanes to sit , lanes
not big enough for all sc cars. Not permitted on pit vehicles on pro side of track even after pros finished, wanted to take friends back to their car & was told we needed to walk. Not a friendly place & we love to race in nc.
Let's see, they tell you to come ot the lanes..no one forces you. The lanes aren't big enough, so you get pissed off and blame NHRA. You can't take your pit vehicles to the pro side to ride around where you have no business and if you want to see the pro classes you are welcome to walk and look any time you want to and finally the security or cops inform you that you can't take your pit vehicle to the public parking lot. It's all NHRA's fault? Who's got the problem here?
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 AM   #16
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,805 Times in 876 Posts

When I ran the Gators the NHRA guy who parked me indicated there was a renewed emphasis on treating the Sportsman racer better and I must say I felt we were treated very fairly. Suppose track layout and such makes a difference but maybe they've realized the lower car counts are just as much about their "enhancements" as it is the current economy. In general the oil down thing, chassis cert fee, entry, insurance surcharge, etc have hurt the car counts and if .90 racers don't show they'll just fill it with Nostalgia, Unleashed, etc.....IMHO
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #17
suprgasn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you do go make sure you lock your motorhome or truck at all times. I was at the fall race last year and my motorhome was gone through and the perps found my wallet that was hid and took it. Left me nothing thanks to some great racers I was able to borrow money for diesel fuel for the trip home. All said and done got me for a grand. A total of 5 trailers were hit during the same time run round. All supergasers and stockers that were both in the lanes at the same time. I hate it has come to this, have never had anything like this happen to me in my life. Can't really describe the feeling I felt when I realized it had happen. When I walked outside the racer beside me automatically knew something bad had happen and as if I was alright. I suggest locking up your stuff no matter where you are.
suprgasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprgasn View Post
I suggest locking up your stuff no matter where you are.
I hate to say it, but I'm there now as well. Certainly at the national events. Not so much the local/divisionals, but nationals seem to attract the idiots.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Ive been locking my motorhome up ever since around 2002 or 2003 when I was at the Atlanta national event and someone had gotten into 17 motorhomes or trailers. The good thing about that event though was the dumb *** got caught when on his way out to the parking lot at the end of the day he decided that he wanted one of Warren Johnsons doors and police saw him carring it and chased him right to his car where they found everything else.
Roy Hill caught one of the guys in his motorhome at the Charlotte race last year and it wasn't pretty. I know because I was parked right beside him.
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #20
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 184 Times in 80 Posts

I was at that race too, Chuck.. when ever a class got called to the lanes, their motorhomes and trailers got hit.. woulda thought Barnie Phife woulda caught on to that..

I was thinking of Charlotte this year, but my motor isn't quite finished in time.. probably a blessing in disguise cause all I'm hearing is bad treatment and bad track prep..

And ya know.. that guy that can hook in a car wash probably can.. I know every time he runs me he does.. LOL
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote