HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #1

Liked 927 Times in 240 Posts
Default CRT podcast and contingency myths

I believe I have listened to all of the Class Racing Today podcasts and have learned something from almost every one of them. One of the first eye opening ones was with Bill Bader. After hearing for years the myths of NHRA coming in and taking over your track at a divisional, and how the track made very little money, Mr. Bader explained how it really worked, and it was nothing close to what I have heard in the past. If you have time, tune into it.

This weeks with Dan Kennedy was another eye opening one. I don't want to give it away, but I will tell you that I have heard from many people that NHRA charged alot of money for the contingency program and that they were the only ones making money. It was also rumored they had to put up the money in escrow, NHRA kept that money if it wasn't paid out, and many other things. If you have listened to the podcast already, state your thoughts on it. If you haven't, take a listen and post your thoughts.

What I took away is that the program is affordable for all, depending what route you want to take. After hearing that if you go all in as a top contingency poster, the 7600.00 that you pay gets you a 25x25 spot at all national events, hard cards for you and your employees to work the event, and your company promoted at those events, I don't know why more companies wouldn't take advantage of this, other that the fact that most of these companies are now under one roof. And if that is it, there may be no need to compete against other products you already own. If that's the case, it's not NHRA's fault, and I dont know how you fix that, other than new private owned companies getting involved to compete.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 02:24 PM   #2
Barry Polley

Liked 571 Times in 238 Posts
Default Re: CRT podcast and contingency myths

Thanks Duane.
Eye openers!
Old 02-06-2022, 08:46 PM   #3
e vassar

Liked 238 Times in 93 Posts

I really enjoyed Bobby putting the pressure on to get some of the NHRA Natl event spotlight on stk s/stk.
The response sounded like corporate blah blah blah to me....but I'm going to wash my car anyway.
e vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:32 PM   #4
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts

Anyone that claims contingency regularly knows the system. There are many things I would love to see changed! First and foremost, if you meet a companies contingency requirements, NHRA should make sure you get your money in a timely manner! Second, require the sponsor to identify on the check and/or stub, exactly what the check is for, and third, be very specific on the contingency claims sheet they send you as to the exact event it is for! I got 3 different contingency sheets from Indy last year (class, All Stars win, and semi finals). They all just say US Nationals on the top. Very confusing.
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote