Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #91
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 809 Times in 394 Posts
Default Re: I Told You So!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
You act as though it is improper for a citizen to own and carry a firearm. That simply is not the case. Citizens in this nation have the right to own and carry a firearm or firearms

As a wise man once said, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

They had several break ins in that complex. As I said, people are sick of being crime victims. Honest citizens have reached the point where they're simply no longer going to be run over by criminals. There is no reason any honest law abiding citizen should have to put up with criminals, or be defenseless.

I can't tell you what Zimmerman had on his mind, but every report from everyone in his complex said that he was honestly and genuinely concerned with crime. Again, according to previous reports, there had been break ins in that complex, at least one happened when a female victim was in her home alone. The perpetrators had repeatedly escaped capture and prosecution. Zimmerman's wife regularly stayed home alone. I can easily see where he would be extremely concerned. I know I would be, since my daughter stays home by herself.

Martin's death is a very sad thing. But it took two people to create that confrontation. Giving Martin a complete pass because he was a black teenager while attempting to crucify Zimmerman is simply ludicrous.
Alan, I never said anything about anyone's 2nd Amendment rights. I am from Arizona, we carried handgun, have ammo in our vehicles, rifles up in our rear windows of our truck, we have self-defense and range laws. I have just never had the need to carry a weapon. My previous life, I carried a weapon, I have weapons and always have in my home for hunting and home protection.

If the need to arm Neighborhood Watch becomes necessary than it is time to hire more police.

My wife is alone during the week, the house has an alarm, I have two big dogs and she is qualified to fire any weapon in the house, and we have a Neighborhood Watch. I feel safe that she is safe!

I have never felt defenseless or intimidated by anyone. Maybe that is a false sense of self-confidence but at 6'4" and 240 lbs, I am not easily intimidated.

I am going to say this one more time, Zimmerman is the only on that knows the truth. If he had an agenda shame on him, justice needs to be served.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #92
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
I don't know what the question was because I have blocked Eddie, however I can say I agree with you 100% Alan.

A couple of other facts:
Zimmerman possessed a Florida issued Concealed Weapon (CCW), Security Officer (D) and a State Gun (G) license. He is a duly licensed armed security officer meeting all requirements of the State of Florida. Martin picked the wrong guy to confront and attack. End of story. Jim

And do you know how many people I see at the local ranges with the same licenses and training that are just crackpots and whatabe law enforcement. These people scare me more than criminals!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #93
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Cool Re: I Told You So!

Lemme guess...... is this what Eddies posted:

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man will come and take you away

No?, but close right? Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #94
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 209 Posts
Cool Re: I Told You So!

There is definitely an element around the gun enthusiast that is on the lunatic fringe. I've seen that in racing, sports, religion,politics, everywhere. You get into issues when you try to control any of these interests because of the extremists. We used to belong to the gun club up at Lake Arrowhead when my father in law was alive. He was a shooter, it was a family activity to go to the range, and that man was the most careful safe person around firearms you could believe. Gun safety was his passion. He also felt that any gun accidents gave the other side an excuse to step in, cross the line, and start taking control. If a person buys a car, a plane, watercraft, firearms, anything, he/she has a moral, financial and legal obligation to be properly trained as to how to use it .I don't want some idiot hurting someone else because they did something stupid. It seems liquor and drugs enter into the risk factor quite heavily when activities of our choice come around. I've met Eddie, he's a big dude. He serves our country well, has a mind of his own and knows how to use it. Coming from Arizona, he knows about guns and how to use them, and he's seen things that reinforce his comments. Let's face it, some people are unsafe with anything sharper than a crayon. Another thing, my wife and I got back from Arizona this last Thursday. It's a clean state, the highways were in real good shape,(75 mph limit on the Interstate),no litter, graffitti, the fuel prices were less than here, and thee were lots of places to go and see. We saw the meteor crater,Oak Creek Canyon, Slide Rock, Indian ruins, Sedona, Jerome, and we rode the Grand Canyon Railroad(behind double headed steam power)to the canyon Wednesday, and really enjoyed it. It's a lot less up tight when we leave SoCal and go someplace else. Seems like personal discipline enters into all of this. Coming to Irwindale,Eddie?
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #95
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wahl View Post
Lemme guess...... is this what Eddies posted:

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man will come and take you away

No?, but close right? Jim

Jim, You know nothing about me, I have seen too many people with the bunker mentality. I walk the streets knowing I am a free man and I will tell you if someone shoots me, it better be a well placed shot because you are just going to piss me off. Great Buffalo Springfield songs, thanks for the memories!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #96
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
There is definitely an element around the gun enthusiast that is on the lunatic fringe. I've seen that in racing, sports, religion,politics, everywhere. You get into issues when you try to control any of these interests because of the extremists. We used to belong to the gun club up at Lake Arrowhead when my father in law was alive. He was a shooter, it was a family activity to go to the range, and that man was the most careful safe person around firearms you could believe. Gun safety was his passion. He also felt that any gun accidents gave the other side an excuse to step in, cross the line, and start taking control. If a person buys a car, a plane, watercraft, firearms, anything, he/she has a moral, financial and legal obligation to be properly trained as to how to use it .I don't want some idiot hurting someone else because they did something stupid. It seems liquor and drugs enter into the risk factor quite heavily when activities of our choice come around. I've met Eddie, he's a big dude. He serves our country well, has a mind of his own and knows how to use it. Coming from Arizona, he knows about guns and how to use them, and he's seen things that reinforce his comments. Let's face it, some people are unsafe with anything sharper than a crayon. Another thing, my wife and I got back from Arizona this last Thursday. It's a clean state, the highways were in real good shape,(75 mph limit on the Interstate),no litter, graffitti, the fuel prices were less than here, and thee were lots of places to go and see. We saw the meteor crater,Oak Creek Canyon, Slide Rock, Indian ruins, Sedona, Jerome, and we rode the Grand Canyon Railroad(behind double headed steam power)to the canyon Wednesday, and really enjoyed it. It's a lot less up tight when we leave SoCal and go someplace else. Seems like personal discipline enters into all of this. Coming to Irwindale,Eddie?
I wish you would have said something about going to Northern Arizona, that is my ole stomping grounds. I would have recommended some more great places to go. Did you go to the Grand Hotel or the Phelps-Dodge House in Jerome? I met John McCain at the Grand Hotel having lunch. He has a ranch in Cornville. Did you see the train that runs up the Verde Canyon. Man I wish you would have said something!

I have changed gears and started to get a vibration in the driveline, I need to get it to Inland, until than I am carless.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #97
BobOrme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
If the need to arm Neighborhood Watch becomes necessary than it is time to hire more police.
As Alan wrote earlier, when seconds count, the police are minutes away. Your neighbor is next door.

Not having anything to do with neighborhood watch, but relevant to police response time and 911 dispatch instructions, a Denver area 911 dispatcher was fired last week. A citizen called 911 to report a road rage incident. The dispatcher instructed the caller to return to the scene of the incident to wait for police. He did. So did the instigator of the incident. That's when and where the caller was shot to death.

The police perform very important services every day, but they can't be everywhere all of the time.
BobOrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #98
Eddies66
VIP Member

Law EnforcementCode of Ethics:

As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence and disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others; honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life. I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided in me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decision. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courageously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice, or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence, and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve those objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my profession-law enforcement.

Was not able to find the same code in the Neighborhood Watch charter.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #99
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,600 Times in 1,740 Posts

Just an opinion piece (which I agree with) :

The prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case should be disbarred.

Posted by Judson Phillips on May 20, 2012 at 7:57am in Tea Party Nation Forum
View Discussions

Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case in Florida should be disbarred. Her conduct in this case has been so outrageous that no penalty short of her losing her law license is sufficient.

What has she done?

She filed Second Degree Murder charges against George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. The problem with that is all of the evidence points not to a second-degree murder charge, but all of the evidence points to the fact that George Zimmerman acted in self-defense.

The most important facts of the case seem to be not in dispute. George Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch captain because his neighborhood had been hit by a lot of crime. He saw Trayvon Martin, called into 911 and reported him. There was later a confrontation and Martin ended up dead.

George Zimmerman claims that Trayvon Martin attacked him. The witnesses and the scientific evidence all support that claim. One witness says he saw Trayvon Martin on top of George Zimmerman straddling him, punching him “MMA style.”

The autopsy report indicates a close but not a contact wound. A contact wound is where a gun is placed next to the skin and fired. A close wound is within a foot, where stippling, the hot debris, such as burning gunpowder will hit either clothing or skin. The entry wound is on his left side of his chest, consistent with Zimmerman being right handed and shooting Martin.

The autopsy report also shows injuries to Martin’s knuckles.

The witness who saw Martin straddling Zimmerman also saw blood coming from Zimmerman’s nose and the back of his head and several photos have been released showing the bloodied back of George Zimmerman’s head.

This case screams self-defense. In fact, other than the hucksters who are stirring this case up for political gain, no rational person would say this is anything other than self-defense.

Angela Corey has become a disgrace to her office and to the legal profession.

Florida, like all states, has a code of legal ethics. Section 4-3.8 says that a prosecutor in a criminal case shall refrain from prosecuting a case that the prosecutor knows is not supported by probable cause.

There is simply no way this prosecutor can claim there is probable cause to believe George Zimmerman committed a second degree murder.

When Angela Corey held her press conference announcing the charges against Zimmerman, she said her office cared only about “seeking justice for Trayvon Martin’s family.”

Seeking justice for the Martin family is the job of the family attorney. Seeking justice for George Zimmerman is the job of his attorney. The prosecuting attorney’s job is to seek justice, period.

At that press conference, she announced that she did not charge cases based on public pressure. That is exactly what she did.

In 1935, the Supreme Court dealt with the issue of an overzealous prosecutor.

In the case of Berger vs. The United States, George Sutherland wrote:

The United States Attorney is the representative not of an ordinary party to a controversy, but of a sovereignty whose obligation to govern impartially is as compelling as its obligation to govern at all, and whose interest, therefore, in a criminal prosecution is not that it shall win a case, but that justice shall be done. As such, he is in a peculiar and very definite sense the servant of the law, the two-fold aim of which is that guilt shall not escape or innocence suffer. He may prosecute with earnestness and vigor -- indeed, he should do so. But, while he may strike hard blows, he is not at liberty to strike foul ones. It is as much his duty to refrain from improper methods calculated to produce a wrongful conviction as it is to use every legitimate means to bring about a just one.

For prosecutors who take their jobs seriously, these words direct their actions. For Angela Corey, they are little more than a punch line at a campaign rally.

The reason the American justice system works is because we the people can believe in the fairness of it. Prosecutions are not undertaken to attack political opponents nor are they motivated by political or public pressure.

Yet that is exactly what has happened here.

The prosecuting attorney is the most powerful elected official in an area. He or she can cause a person’s life to be destroyed and even be sent to prison for a long period of time.

In the United States, our founding fathers were so afraid of an out of control government prosecuting its citizens, four of the ten amendments of the bill of rights offer protections against unfair prosecution.

Fortunately in America, unfair prosecutions are rare. This prosecution is not only unfair it is very political in nature. The prosecuting attorney, Angela Corey is up for reelection this fall.

The voters of Florida’s Fourth Judicial District should send a very clear message and vote her out of office.

When this case is finally resolved and the charges against George Zimmerman are dismissed, the Florida Supreme Court should disbar Angela Corey.

There are several levels of attorney discipline, ranging from admonition to censuring to suspension to disbarment. When an attorney is disbarred, they either can never practice law again or after a period of time, if they can show the state supreme court they are a changed person, they can be allowed to sit for the bar exam again.

For prosecuting a man based on public pressure and bringing charges that even a first year law student could tell will never be sustained, Angela Corey should be disbarred.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #100
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Law EnforcementCode of Ethics:

As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence and disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others; honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life. I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided in me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decision. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courageously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice, or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence, and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve those objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my profession-law enforcement.

Was not able to find the same code in the Neighborhood Watch charter.
just words a few LEO's don't live by....