HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-10-2022, 09:41 AM   #21
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,581 Times in 434 Posts
Default Re: Want to "bring back" Class Racing?

With the advent of social media marketing campaigns, you can reach a wider audience quickly and cheaper than having your decals on cars at divisionals where there are 5 people in the stands or at a national event when your decal is hopefully on the remaining 4 cars on Sunday. And if you’re lucky, maybe the 10 second tv spot but only if alcohol dragster is in town. Personally, given the current ad impressions my stickers would get, I would not join the program if I had a business, other than the fact that I would want to support my racing community and be a nice guy but I would have to have LOTS of extra money to do so. Why do you think I push so hard for increased coverage and more favorable Friday-Sunday scheduling? If I were a potential contingency sponsor on the fence I would be asking NHRA to get my stickered cars in front of the crowd as much as possible. It has to be worth it for them. And to be honest some of the companies have to step into the 21st century with their payment process but that’s another issue. The team at Draginsights could fix that easily.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:07 PM   #22
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 384 Posts

Race class at divisional races
More racer show up.
1 race per division minimum
National events. Same thing. 1 class race per division

Nhra doesn’t want to do it at national events
Not enough help
Old 02-10-2022, 01:23 PM   #23
Bryan Worner

Liked 411 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
With the advent of social media marketing campaigns, you can reach a wider audience quickly and cheaper than having your decals on cars at divisionals where there are 5 people in the stands or at a national event when your decal is hopefully on the remaining 4 cars on Sunday. And if you’re lucky, maybe the 10 second tv spot but only if alcohol dragster is in town. Personally, given the current ad impressions my stickers would get, I would not join the program if I had a business, other than the fact that I would want to support my racing community and be a nice guy but I would have to have LOTS of extra money to do so. Why do you think I push so hard for increased coverage and more favorable Friday-Sunday scheduling? If I were a potential contingency sponsor on the fence I would be asking NHRA to get my stickered cars in front of the crowd as much as possible. It has to be worth it for them. And to be honest some of the companies have to step into the 21st century with their payment process but that’s another issue. The team at Draginsights could fix that easily.
You said it! Social Media! Put picks of your car with those contingency decals all over your social media!!! Instant exposure, win, lose or draw!
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-10-2022, 01:26 PM   #24
Bryan Worner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
Bryan,

What class did your dad run in 2001? If I remember correctly GT/KA? His record is super impressive.

I agree with all your points but it comes down to the manufacturers posting the money, certainly not the N.H.R.A. Is this something that should be be taken to David Kennedy Director of Multimedia Content & Contingency Program?

Your'e correct about the AHFS questions being solved and also remember back in the day if you set a national record you got points for it.
Correct. GT/JA and KA, mostly K. I've emailed Kennedy many times and he has been helpful with contingency claims, but I've had a few suggestions lately and have yet to receive replies on those. We shall see.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:29 PM   #25
Bryan Worner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4543 View Post
The contingency money issue is multifaceted. Companies are posting for exposure that will translate into increased sales. The number of sales that can be made to our active racers is really pretty limited. This means exposure to spectators, passerby’s, print media, tv, etc. Pretty hard sell to a company when a divisional race(most of our events) have a minimum number of spectators. Solution is for promoters(NHRA, tracks, private race promoters) to partner to change this dynamic. More spectators = more sales. National Dragster reaches the same group of viewers each month, few new viewers. Remember when everybody used open trailers. People were always honking, waving, and pointing at the race cars when they passed you on the highway. When you stopped at a gas station people always came over to look at and talk about racing. Bottom line is proper promotion of sport with increased viewing and spectators can lead to more sales and an increased number of contingency sponsors. Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA
We can't put all of those decal on our trailers. DOT will pull us over!!!
Liked
Old 02-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #26
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,581 Times in 434 Posts

Here's where it starts. Get asses in the seats and support PC Richard & Son in the process. Notice this flyer has 3 class cars on it I have high hopes for an Atco resurgence this year. Share this flyer everywhere.

Old 02-12-2022, 10:49 PM   #27
Stephen & Horace Johnson

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Race class at divisional races
More racer show up.
1 race per division minimum
National events. Same thing. 1 class race per division

Nhra doesn’t want to do it at national events
Not enough help
also run class at sportsnationals in each division
Stephen Johnson #2162
Horace Johnson #2167
SS/D 427 Ford Fairlane NHRA-IHRA
Stephen & Horace Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #28
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

hearding cats. class racers cannot agree on anything. if NHRA said we are going to make 10 classes in stock and adjust weights to make 10 classes work, then run all cars off heads up. 10 cars would show up, maybe 20. that is how stock started in the 60's, now look how many classes..what do you think?
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote