HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2024, 09:24 PM   #11
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,236 Times in 597 Posts
Default Re: Mopars at Vegas

Lots of fast Mopars on the west coast. We have small block, big block, Max Wedge's and Hemis, too.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:43 PM   #12
Cglrcng

Liked 116 Times in 56 Posts

Upon wake up Saturday morning in Stk, there was at least 2 more Mopars eligible for a class trophy a Plymouth or a Dodge in EF/S (of which I can assure you, not on paper, but in reality would have been a toss up at the big end) ,for a 1 and done class trophy. But, class racing being a game of inches like it certainly is, in Q1 came down to just a couple of inches of Bill O'Connor pre-staging, putting the car in gear to inch his Plymouth Horizon forward the last couple of inches necessary to call it a qualified entry under the rules, into the staging beam, and super sadly while I watched from the ready line in the second pair back, his tyranny was completely locked up (suspect breakage was internal, and probably the pin holding the spider gears in the pinion housing slid out, locked the diff up completely, and only would allow it to roll reward, not forward. The gave the tree to the car in the other lane, and pushed him off, and had to tow it back to the pits backwards.

He withdrew, pushing my Daytona into my first Auto Combo later, and I had nothing at Vegas (lousy car struggles at Vegas with the altitude and lousy DA currently, but going to see Holley this week to tap tap tune in near future and see if we can fix thst), for the Fastest -.500 under car in the Auto Combo but a decent .015 light, so it was a game of inches, just in Q1 instead of C1!

It was heart wrenching and damaging for both of us for sure. 1 of our 2 Mopars would have taken home a Wally save for that really rotten timed bad break 2 or so inches from the stage beam. The rules are the rules, they are published, the shrapnel in his pan shows the carnage.

I offered to help him pull the Trans and see if we could get it fixed, but he did not have an official Q pass, it could not be completed by any means by C1 (which is also Q2), so withdrawal was his only option as racing on Sunday wasn't an option.

And the best laid plans of mice and men easily go awry!

Edit, Tuesday night 8:32 PM PDT

I just received a text thread from Bill O'Connor, and he went to Div. 7 Director in the tower after breaking Saturday AM, requested to withdraw, and was denied. Yet when I received the C1 pairing sheet he was not listed on it under EF/S, he was not on the Q1 qualifying sheet, he was on the Q1 Incrementals sheet (I have all 3 copies (secured from RFC), I assumed he was allowed to withdraw from Div7-4 race, then asked Ron the lane master since I was laddered into the auto combo, if he was allowed to withdraw. Yes was the answer, they laddered you in the combo. I ran under index C1, they should not have pulled him of the pairing sheet if not withdrawn, and should have just been a no show. He has again asked to withdraw and be refunded, awaiting that response, or I will appeal.

Bean counters cannot both keep his money, and the trophy IMHO. (At the track, I reviewed the published qualifying rule, he went to request the withdrawal, unfortunately they made a decision to both say no, and pull him off the class C1 pairing sheet and ladder me into the auto combo. (Those decisions just do not weigh out). Mistakes can be made, and be corrected/rectified.

Last edited by Cglrcng; 04-24-2024 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Yikes, more info comes to light...
Cglrcng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:30 PM   #13
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,713 Times in 854 Posts

An impressive showing for the Mopar contingent…

https://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCS...UMMIT#indextop
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:04 PM   #14
Demon340

Liked 94 Times in 24 Posts

Favor to ask ?
First time out in two years with my red 71 Demon. I did make three T&Ts on Wednesday, but broke the rear on Q1 Thursday in Stock. If anyone has a picture / video of my car and would share with me, I would be grateful?
Larry Robbins
5706 D/SA
970-985-1376
Demon340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:14 PM   #15
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,091 Times in 772 Posts

The MoPar guys owned the joint!

However, great racing the past month by all the racers in the western most time zones. All just killed it!
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:51 PM   #16
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 4,065 Times in 927 Posts

Don't forget that a FE Cobra Jet won Stock in the first race and a FE Cobra Jet won SS the second race!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Castros View Post
The MoPar guys owned the joint!

However, great racing the past month by all the racers in the western most time zones. All just killed it!
Old 04-24-2024, 12:31 AM   #17
Cglrcng

Liked 116 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4284spd View Post
Don't forget that a FE Cobra Jet won Stock in the first race and a FE Cobra Jet won SS the second race!!!!
Those Fords did good too!