HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
SlickVic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Another Tstop ? Injection Inline

Ok going to injection and i want to use the SLE for bracket racing and then use the same one for tstoping if i ever choose to go back .90 racing. Should i get single co2 input or a dual input? IE Biondo SLP-S or PCTS-SH. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Another Tstop ? Injection Inline

I think you should consider the Biondo TS2P or equivalent... this give you full throttle stop capability, and starting line enhancer, in one unit... I use it on a Ron's injection setup with no problems...
Mackie Family Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
SlickVic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The problem with the TS2P is it is so big compared to the others. And when i do TS race i won't be using the SLE so i don't need 2 settings at the same time.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Dave Steltz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
Ok going to injection and i want to use the SLE for bracket racing and then use the same one for tstoping if i ever choose to go back .90 racing. Should i get single co2 input or a dual input? IE Biondo SLP-S or PCTS-SH. Thanks.
Vic, most of us injection users go back basically back to an idle when on the stop (I go to about 1900 rpm)...I use the PCTS-SH...so since I go back to an idle on the stop, using the SLE function it goes to the stop rpm, which is just above idle, and then to full throttle when the timer says so...this way you really dont need TS2P or something similar....
The inline stops are not really that easy to change rpm positions, so this way seems the easiest to me....
Old 12-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Duane Dagostino

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Vic...I have a pcts-sh...excellent shape...$125 shipped to you....call me 908-783-7652...Duane " geezers gone wild"
Old 12-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Vic...I used a dual cylinder stop from Bill Mitchell with my Terminator and did not go back to an idle racing S/C. I used the same thing for bracket racing and staged at an idle with my foot on the floor before staging. It took about 5 minutes to make the change in rpm adjustment on the Mitchell unit. It had a threaded stop arrangement and was easy to set. I have a Biondo on my present car with a carb. and it is just as easy. Sliding stops to change the rpm. In a door car it will be harder to setup as you don't have as much room with a firewall present. A dragster has no issue there. I'd get a dual acting cylinder and make it fit somehow. You need it to be rigid mounted as possible. I made a brace off the back of the mounting plate down to the intake or back of the head to make it solid on both my dragsters so there would be no flex.....
Old 12-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
SlickVic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I ordered an SLP setup. Easier to control and i will be above idle a little bit when i stage so if i use the tstop function it will just go back to above idle some. Thanks again.