HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #21
Evan Smith

Liked 94 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: AHFS and the CJs

Chad, virtually all combinations start out equal in hp (stick vs auto), but over time the auto combos tend to get hit more and end up rated higher because there are far more auto Stocker. Why should NHRA change that rule out of the blue?

Now, lets play by the rules. The stick went fast and it will get hit on Monday. If something is not on the NHRA site by then, I'm sure all of you will suspect that Ford has paid off NHRA to not hit the CJ. I'm sure that Glendora has the pen ready to strike as soon as the season is over on the auto CJs, as more than two cars have gone 1.15 or more under and I'm quite sure the average will be beyond a second under. Remember, I also agree that the CJs are under-rated and I feel for those who have worked hard, just to run against such a strong combo. So who is to blame? Ford, NHRA?

Why are you guys so uptight, the LT-1 and LS cars ruled the roost for about a decade and are now in line with the competition. Was it fair for all the racers who competed against them to have to deal with that wrath for about 10 years? You can say it wasn't the manufacturers intent, but the result was the same for the competition. ALL the manufacturers played the game in the '60 and '70, so now those who "wish racing was like it was back then" can once again have a taste of the past.

Last edited by Evan Smith; 10-10-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Evan Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
lstanford

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts

Yawn.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #23
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Smith View Post
Chad, virtually all combinations start out equal in hp (stick vs auto), but over time the auto combos tend to get hit more and end up rated higher because there are far more auto Stocker. Why should NHRA change that rule out of the blue?

Now, lets play by the rules. The stick went fast and it will get hit on Monday. If something is not on the NHRA site by then, I'm sure all of you will suspect that Ford has paid off NHRA to not hit the CJ. I'm sure that Glendora has the pen ready to strike as soon as the season is over on the auto CJs, as more than two cars have gone 1.15 or more under and I'm quite sure the average will be beyond a second under. Remember, I also agree that the CJs are under-rated and I feel for those who have worked hard, just to run against such a strong combo. So who is to blame? Ford, NHRA?

Why are you guys so uptight, the LT-1 and LS cars ruled the roost for about a decade and are now in line with the competition. Was it fair for all the racers who competed against them to have to deal with that wrath for about 10 years? You can say it wasn't the manufacturers intent, but the result was the same for the competition. ALL the manufacturers played the game in the '60 and '70, so now those who "wish racing was like it was back then" can once again have a taste of the past.
I don't care whether its a ford, a chevy, a dodge, or a briggs powered lawnmower. the fact is these cars ( and the Challangers it seems) are factory race cars. Yes there are other underfactored combos out there. I've always said that an altitude factored record was bogus, and that the number couldn't be duplicated at sea level. Well the CJ's have changed that, i belive they can run that number at sea level. NHRA has allowed Ford to subtract over 100 hp from the GT500 (new one is 540hp) with no SUBSTANTIAL changes. Chrysler at least has the balls to do it all motor. Ford and Chrysler built ringers that are way faster than any 427/425, 396, L88 or LS1. There is no FE powered for or hemi stocker that will run with them, period. Now i know there are alot of other AA/SA cars faster than us, and we're working on narrowing that gap. However, short of borrow a SS motor, we'll never outrun a CJ. I think they are bad for the sport.

Evan, there is one big difference between the LT/LS cars and the CJ's, actually two. One, the HP factor that NHRA gave the LT cars, was the same one that GM advertised in the showrooms. THe CJ's are AT LEAST 75 HP below what Ford advertises in the showrooms (there is no substantial difference between the CJ motor and the GT500). The second is that the LT/LS motors don't make their own atmosphere. I've been friends with our mutual friend Chris Johnson long enough to know what the forced induction mod motors are capable of with a few strokes of the keyboard. If ford was willing to warranty it at 500hp, God knows what it is capable of. Evan, i understand about the LT/LS cars, there was a time when i didn't want to run them either, but this isn't apples to apples.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #24
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Here are some picture I took last February at the races in Phoenix, AZ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0514_14_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1582   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515_15_1_2_1.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	1583   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0516_16_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	43